Home » Legal and Judicial Affairs » Amarula Seed Chokes Boy to Death

A TWO year old toddler from Buhera on Friday was choked to death after he swallowed an amarula seed while playing with friends.

He was identified as Mathias Rugoho from Chapwanya village under Chief Chitsunge.

Police confirmed the incident.

Inspector Chishiri said the boy was taken to a village meeting by his parents in the morning.

It is reported that while the boy was playing with fellow children he picked and swallowed an amarula seed which chocked him.

After the boy swallowed the seed other children rushed and informed his parents.

Local elders tried to save the boy’s life but their efforts were futile.

“The elders tried to save him but they failed. As police, we encourage parents to be on alert when kids are playing. However, such incidences are unusual,” said Chishiri.

Source : New Zimbabwe

Archives