Home » Judicial » Chitungwiza Stab Victim Laid to Rest

The Chitungwiza man who was allegedly stabbed to death with three kitchen knives by his wife in Unit L following a domestic dispute over a text message from a girlfriend, was buried on Monday in Chihota.

Petros Mutasa (55), an electrician at British American Tobacco in Southerton, Harare, was allegedly stabbed by his wife, Fortunate Nsoro, last Thursday.

The deceased’s brother, Edmore, said the family was still in shock over the incident since the couple had no known history of domestic violence.

The family returned yesterday afternoon at Petros’ home in Unit L, after burying him at their rural home in Chihota on Monday.

“We have just returned from Chihota where we buried Petros in Mumanye Village under Chief Mudzimuremwa yesterday (Monday).

“Everything went on well and we are still in good books with our in-laws who also attended the burial.

“We as a family have resolved that we are not going to say anything much and will leave everything to God,” Edmore said.

The family said it would not comment much to the Press as the matter was being handled by the police and before the courts.

Edmore said a post-mortem was conducted on Saturday by Dr Mapunda at Chitungwiza General Hospital mortuary.

According to the results, Petros died as a result of “stab wounds, air embolism and haemorrhage” due to sharp force.

Edmore said his brother was a humble and caring man who loved his family.

“He was a very quiet man who loved his family most. He was also the first born in a family of nine and we are now eight left,” he said.

According to an eyewitness who preferred anonymity, after stabbing Petros, Nsoro left him alive and went to seek assistance from a relative.

They went to the house where they found him in a pool of blood before hiring a taxi.

The driver reportedly refused to ferry Petros to the hospital because of his condition.

“The taxi driver told them that they should go and inform the police,” said a witness. When police were informed, Petros had already died, leading to Nsoro’s arrest.

On Monday Nsoro appeared before Chitungwiza magistrate Lazarus Murendo and was remanded in custody to March 13 for trial.

Nsoro stabbed Petros using three kitchen knives on the arm, chest and neck, killing him on the spot.

Nsoro’s daughter, who was at the crime scene, reported the matter to the police who recovered the three knives beside Petros’ body.

He is survived by five children, Shelton (34), Shylett (30), Sheila (26), Stallone (20) and Sharmaine (nine).

Source : The Herald