Home » Sports » Dembare Still to Agree Terms With Players

THE quartet of Roderick Mutuma, Simba Sithole, Russell Madamombe and Tafadzwa Rusike will have to wait a little longer to know their fate with Harare giants Dynamos.

The four players are hoping to renew their contracts with the champions but they are failing to agree on the signing-on fees and other financial obligations.

The club’s secretary-general Webster Chikengezha yesterday said DeMbare were still to reach common ground with the players’ managers despite resuming talks last week.

The Glamour Boys had been given first preference to sign the players but there is a chance the quartet could decide to move to other clubs to beat the transfer deadline.

Clubs are busy finalising their squads ahead of the Premier Soccer League’s administrative registration deadline which lapses in exactly 10 days.

The new DeMbare technical team led by David Mandigora has indicated they would want to retain the four players following the expiry of their contracts on December 31.

However, the negotiations for their services appeared to have stalled before the club re-engaged the players’ managers Gibson Mahachi and Edzai Kasinauyo last week.

Midfielder Madamombe and Mutuma started training with the side last week with hopes that deals could be thrashed out quickly.

There were expectations that Madamombe and Sithole would sign at the weekend following the discussions between their manager Mahachi and DeMbare representatives but Chikengezha yesterday said the players were yet to put pen to paper as they were failing to agree on the signing-on fees.

“They are yet to sign the contracts because we are failing to agree on the figures. We have offered them our own proposal and they have theirs, that’s the sticking point.

“As a club we have made it clear that we are not going to put ourselves in a situation we accept figures that we cannot meet. So we are waiting to hear from them,” said Chikengezha.

The Harare giants have said they cannot afford to meet the financial demands from the quartet despite the insistence by the players’ agents that they have agreed to come down from the figures agreed in the last deals.

DeMbare are operating on a tight budget following the decision by their principal sponsors BancABC to slash their sponsorship package by about 40 percent.

Chikengezha said DeMbare does not have the money that the players are asking for and could consider other options if they cannot reach an agreement.

The Castle Lager PSL administrative deadline for team submissions is Friday 13 February, which should give the league enough time to work on documentation in preparation for the new season which kicks off on March 7.

The 16 PSL clubs are required to register 25 senior players and five junior players (born after January 1, 1996) who are part of their developmental sides.

The teams, however, can still continue to register new players until March 25 when the January transfer window will be closed.

Source : The Herald

Archives