Home » Governance » Fired Zanu-PF Members Speak Out

People fired or suspended from Zanu-PF yesterday accepted the decisions taken by the Politburo and pledged to continue supporting the revolutionary party and President Mugabe.

Zanu-PF on Thursday expelled seven members, suspended 13 for five years and one for three years as it continues disciplinary action against people linked to the sacked former Vice President Dr Joice Mujuru’s cabal that plotted to topple President Mugabe.

The ruling party exonerated six others of any wrongdoing.

Expelled former Politburo member and former Minister of State for Masvingo Provincial Affairs Mr Kudakwashe Bhasikiti said the decision taken by the Politburo was part of God’s plan.

“What happened is God’s plan and I am happy it happened that way. It reminds me of the Biblical story of Joseph whose brothers threw him in a pit thinking that they had gotten rid of him, not knowing that he would one day come back to save them. It happened that way because it was God’s plan,” he said.

“The same even happened to Jesus while he was not guilty of anything. He was crucified because it was God’s plan,” he said.

“What has happened is an execution of God’s plan and I believe God will guide that future.”

Mr Bhasikiti said he would take his time to consider his future move.

“I will not hurriedly make a decision, but I don’t blame anyone in the Politburo, but I thank them for executing God’s plan,” he said.

Another former Politburo member and former Minister of Energy and Power Development, Mr Dzikamai Mavhaire, accused this newspaper of having a vendetta against him.

“Since when have you started writing positive things about me? You can go ahead and write what you want,” he said.

The other five members who were expelled on Thursday, former Mashonaland East provincial chairman Ray Kaukonde, former Women’s League Secretary for the Commissariat Olivia Muchena, former Central Committee member Claudius Makova, Mbire National Assembly representative David Butau and Kudakwashe Gope, could not be reached on their phones for a comment.

Meanwhile, former Harare provincial chairman, Cde Amos Midzi, who was given a five-year suspension from holding any leadership position in the party, accepted the party’s decision saying he would remain committed to Zanu-PF.

“The party has decided and I have been and will always remain loyal to the party and President Mugabe. I did not expect to be suspended, but as I remain a member of the party, I shall work within what I am expected to and continue to be fully devoted,” he said.

Former Central Committee member Cde Noah Mangondo also accepted his five-year suspension.

“I respect the decision that was made yesterday and will remain loyal to the revolutionary party that I have served for more than 40 years.

“However, I’m still waiting to know the reason why I was chased away. Hopefully I will when I get the letter because I have done nothing wrong except to serve my party and President faithfully,” Cde Mangondo said.

Minister of State for Harare Province, Cde Miriam Chikukwa, expressed her gratitude to President Mugabe and the Politburo after she was cleared of any wrongdoing.

“This was not the first time that I have been cleared of any wrong-doing. Last year the leadership in Harare Province levelled the same charges against me and I was cleared and early this year they did the same thing and I was cleared again.

“However, I do not hold any grudges because I believe that our God is a just God. I just want to thank our leader President Mugabe and the Politburo for the decision they took,” she said.

Cde Beatrice Nyamupinga, who is part of those who were exonerated, expressed her happiness over the decision.

“I am very happy because I was let off the hook, which shows I am fully committed to the party. We thank President Mugabe for the just investigations, which prove that he is our true leader,” she said.

Cde Paddy Zhanda, who was also absolved of any wrong-doing, said: “I do not have any comment. How can I comment about this? I would rather keep quiet because I just wonder where the allegations emanated from in the first place.”

Other party cadres who were slapped with five-year suspensions are Cde Tendai Savanhu, former Central Committee member, Cde Munyaradzi Banda, Cde Christopher Chigumba, Cde Munacho Mutezo, Cde Dougmore Chimukoko, Cde Flora Bhuka and Cde Jason Machaya.

Cde Killian Gwanetsa and Cde Tranos Huruba were also suspended for five years while Cde Chiratidzo Mabuwa was given a three-year suspension.

Source : The Herald

Archives