Home » Legal and Judicial Affairs » Girl, 8, Burnt to Death in Cabin Blaze

AN 8-year old girl from Harare’s Hatcliffe Consortium was burnt beyond recognition Friday night when a cabin she was sleeping in caught fire.

According to the ZBC, Chantel Kavhai, who was in Grade Two at Hacliffe Primary School, died when a cabin she was sleeping in caught fire.

Neighbours said the fire could have been caused by a candle which was not put out when the girl had retired to bed.

Frantic effort to save the child failed as the rescuers were overpowered by the blaze.

Harare provincial police spokesperson, Chief Superintendant Paul Nyathi warned people using candles for lighting to make put them out before retiring to bed.

He also urged parents to monitor the safety of their children at night.

Source : New Zimbabwe

Archives