Home » General » Magaya Leaves Thousands Disappointed in Gweru

PROPHETIC Healing and Deliverance (PHD) Ministries leader, Walter Magaya on Tuesday left thousands of people disgruntled in Gweru after he failed to convey “a healing and deliverance message” as expected.

As early as 5.am people from Gweru and surrounding areas that include Lower Gweru and Shurugwi were lining to Gafa Stadium in the populous high density suburb of Mtapa.

By lunch time the crowd had swelled to about two thousand people but Magaya only turned up at around 5p.m where he made a short prayer for about 15 minutes before promising the crowd that he would come back.

Kudakwashe Zviwa who had travelled with his eight-year-old son who is paralysed from Shurugwi told NewZimbabwe.com that he was disappointed to go back without (his son) getting healed.

“I came as early as 8.am and left around 8.pm when the PHD officials asked us to go home after spraying anointing oil on us,” said Zviwa.

“I had expected that the prophet (Magaya) would engage in a long healing and deliverance session like he does in Harare.”

Chipo Moyo from Lower Gweru said she spend the whole of Tuesday waiting for Magaya only to get a glimpse of him for a few minutes.

“This is not what I expected,” she said. “I came her hopeful but the man of God (Magaya) only prayed for us for only 15 minutes before disappearing.”

Tendai Muropa who suffers from cervical cancer said she left the PHD venue dissatisfied after failing to get cured from her ailment.

Muropa said she had waited for Magaya since seven in the morning and left the venue around 8.15pm hoping that PHD leader would bounce back.

An overseer with the church, Admire Mango however said Magaya had never planned a crusade in Gweru saying it was just a rumour spread by locals.

“He (Magaya) never planned this trip as a crusade. The church’s Yadah TV was meeting with cell groups in Kadoma, Kwekwe and Gweru on the day in question,” Mango said.

“The prophet, and even us (church members), were surprised when we found a huge crowd at the venue.”

Source : New Zimbabwe