Home » Governance » Mukupe Pours His Heart Out

The Zanu-PF candidate in the forthcoming Harare East by-election, Cde Terrence Mukupe, says he regretted that the dispute between him and Cde Mavis Gumbo in the race to represent the revolutionary party had necessitated the intervention of the Politburo.

The Politburo, Zanu-PF’s highest decision-making body outside the Central Committee, last week pronounced Cde Mukupe as the party’s sole candidate after he and Cde Gumbo both successfully filed papers at the nomination court.

In the primary elections, Cde Mukupe beat Cde Gumbo by 659 to 369 respectively, but the Harare provincial leadership sought to block the former’s run for the June 10 by-election, leading the party leadership to make a decision on the matter.

However, Cde Mukupe said the matter should have been resolved amicably and believes that the media played a part in blowing the ruckus out of proportion.

“I was actually sad that we had to stoop so low and having to take our elders away from their busy schedules,” Cde Mukupe told The Herald yesterday on how he felt of the intervention of the Politburo.”

He said that he was now on talking terms with Cde Gumbo.

He is promising roads, schools, electricity, water and healthcare facilities.

Source : The Herald

Archives