Home » Sports » Premiership Breaks for Top 8 Tournament

A TOP Eight Tournament under a new title is set to be launched on Wednesday in the capital meaning the Castle Lager Premiership programme will take a break this weekend to make way for the prestigious tournament.

The Super Eight competition will come under a new title after BancABC who have been sponsoring it up to last year announced their withdrawal.

Premier Soccer League chief executive Kenny Ndebele said last year’s top four finishers — Dynamos, Highlanders, Harare City and FC Platinum — would be seeded during the draw and paired with CAPS United, Chicken Inn, How Mine and Triangle.

The venues will be named at the launch.

“We are looking at playing a double header on Friday but everything then has to be aligned with the broadcast programme.

“The dates for the semis and the finals will also be made known in due course after agreeing with the sponsors,” said Ndebele.

Last season Shabanie Mine lifted the trophy after beating FC Platinum on penalties.

Source : New Zimbabwe

Archives