Home » Arts & Culture » Promoter Warns Winky D

United Kingdom-based music promoter Luther Pazvakavambwa of Digital 1 Promotions has warned Zim dancehall sensation Winky D that the long arm of the law will soon catch up with him.

Pazvakavambwa is accusing the “Musarove Bigman” hitmaker of fraud after he failed to turn up for the UK Summer Fiesta shows in April this year.

In an interview with The Herald Entertainment, Pazvakavambwa said he is not worried by what Winky D’s camp is saying pertaining to the issue but vowed that the musician will not go scot free.

In a recent article carried by a local daily, Winky D’s camp challenged Digital 1 to report the matter to the police and said they were not moved by the promoter’s threats.

“I know what these guys are saying, let them think and say what they want. They might think that I will rush to report to the police but I am following the right procedures. Winky D will not go scot free after robbing us of $27 000,” he said.

He said they have reported the matter to UK immigration agency that deals with foreign entertainers and they are currently working on the case.

“We submitted the information of the contract between Digital 1 and Winky D, the amounts we paid him, the police reference number and the tickets we had purchased and after they are done with the issue they will also give the case to the police. So it’s just a matter of time before Winky faces the consequences of his actions,” he said.

He said his company had incurred a loss of over $27 000 after Winky D gave them names of people who were not on his band at first and the work permit agent found out that it was fake and did not issue the work permits.

He said he had to pay again for another group that they had since the first group proved to be fake but despite the efforts, Winky D failed to travel for the tour after everything had been done.

Winky D’s manager, Jonathan Banda, was not available for comment but in a previous interview he denounced the alegations saying if the organisers had a case they had to approach the police not the Press.

Source : The Herald